I have taken a few pics of the wonderful bits and bobs I managed to find in my local charity shop, there was so much lovely stuff there I really had to reign myself in and not go mad!
I was looking for some basic bits to start off with so I could begin with embellishing or adding little changes that wouldn’t require a sewing machine and I also found a oversized mens tshirt so that I could have a go at some of the upcycle designs in my previous posts.
1. Principles Black Satin Dress – Plan: embellish with small satin roses around the top of the dress
2. Primark Tshirt – Plan: Create off the shoulder top and use fabric paints to create design (I’m thinking 80′s neon)
3. Per Una Beach cover up – Plan: … I’m still thinking.
4. Next shift dress – Plan: Again, embellish and add some pizzazz!
5. Bandeau Dress – Plan: I might split in 2 and make a halter neck top and use the rest to make a skirt once I’ve found some black lace.
I also found a few bits that don’t need any upcycling, I just loved them.
1. Wallis fitted blazer (it’s just gorgeous!)
2. New Look Linen Shift Dress
3. River Island Chinese style dress (just need to mend the button on the collar)
4. Striped waistcoat… it’s all this SATC talk, it’s so quirky.
All these items for the princely sum of 25 euros (about 31 dollars)
Just waiting on my roses, beads and sequins to arrive and I’ll commence project DIY Couture… stay posted!