It’s been absolutely ages since I baked with carrots and I had one just sitting there all lonesome and forlorn, so I grabbed it up and set about some muffin baking, so glad I did as these were just fabulous, even if I do say so myself. You could, if you wanted, add a little frosting to the muffins to make a proper carrot cake, but that’s up to you!
Might bake again tomorrow, I’ve got a hankering for a cheesecake and I just bought some more tofu, so it’s just a matter of deciding which flavour to do. Going to try something completely different I think and see how I get on, get out my kitchen comfort zone.
I also need another quick dinner option for tomorrow night as there is footie on, something spicy and delicious that I can stuff with jalapenos…. oh yes, that sounds about right. Hope we win…
Vanilla Carrot Cake Muffins (vegan and gluten free option)
MyInspiration Feel The Difference Range
Makes 6 Cupcakes – ready in 40 minutes
- 1 cup rye flour (for GF use Buckwheat or your favourite flour)
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 small carrot shredded
- 2/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Top with sesame & poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius (356 degrees Fahrenheit) and prepare a muffin tray (I use 6 silicone muffin cases)
- In a mixing bowl combine the rye flour, corn flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and shredded carrot and stir together. In a separate bowl whisk together the coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla and apple cider vinegar, then add the liquid to the dry ingredients and fold the mixture together.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases almost to the brim and pop in the oven for 25 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. Remove from cases and cool.